
Lately, as I’ve been trying to become the master gardener I aspire to someday be, I’ve been dreaming of a garden full of juicy red tomatoes. But, there’s one problem: I will never, ever remember to water them every day. My dead houseplants can attest to that.
Luckily for me and every other forgetful or busy gardener out there, we can fall back on the Ooze Tube. It’s as easy as setting up a tube at the base of each plant, filling it with water and letting the liquid leak (ooze!) out. It moisturizes the soil at the perfect rate and holds enough water to keep your tomato plants happy and healthy for up to two weeks.
Now you’re free to jet-off for a sunny summer vacation or leave your gardening behind for the weekend without worrying about your plants. Plus, your plants will be more productive than if you watered them by hand. Want proof? Check out these hand-watered tomato plants compared to the plants surrounded by the Ooze Tube above.
Tip: add water-soluble fertilizer to the soil to take full advantage of the Ooze Tube.
This is going to solve my tomato dilemma. Have any other tomato tips to share?
Bethany
No comments:
Post a Comment